Home  

Started as a small radio repair workshop in an attic in Negombo in October 1945, in 72 years we have grown to be one of the leading dealers in reliable radio & electronic spares, accessories and components in Sri Lanka. Our office and showroom in Colombo was established in 1956 to cater to the island wide network of dealers who found it inconvenient to travel to Negombo to obtain their supplies.


In 1961, with the imposition of import restrictions we branched off to the field of manufacturing and as a result "SILCO" Transformers became a reality. Even now "SILCO" stands for reliability and enjoy a very good reputation for their products, such as battery chargers and power supplies in addition to the transformers manufactured.


1965 saw us moving into a bigger space to provide greater convenience and better service to our valued customers.


Seven years later in 1972 we began functioning as a limited liability company and by this time had built up a reputation of supplying only reliable radio and electronic components from the best suppliers the world over. By this time we were handling the agencies for a number of overseas manufactures as their representative.


Then, fifteen years later in 1987 we moved into our own premises at 132, Vauxhall Street, Colombo 2, from where we are operating presently.


We deal only in reliable electronic spares and components from suppliers mainly in UK, Germany, Japan, Taiwan & Hong Kong and have built up a reputation in this regard.


We have been supplying engraved labels for various customers according to their requirement as a side line business from as far back as 1980.


Copyright © Silvertones Limited, 2016